WE ARE GOING TO TROMSØ!
🎥 Rovaniemen Cinema esittää:
🚌 Bussimatka Tromssan kansainvälisille elokuvafestivaaleille tammikuussa 2024!
📅 Matkalle lähdetään torstaina 18.1.2024 ja palaamme takaisin Rovaniemelle sunnuntaina 21.1.2024.
💰 Matkan hinta vain 100€ meno-paluu (normaali reittimatkan hinta samalle ajalle 346€)!
🎥 Rovaniemi Cinema presents:
🚌 Bus trip to Tromsø International Film Festival in January 2024!
📅 Departure on Thursday, 18.1.2024, and return to Rovaniemi on Sunday, 21.1.2024.
💰 Travel price only 100€ for a round trip (normal route price for the same period is 346€)!
Unfortunately the trip is cancelled due to an insufficient number of participants!
Tips for TIFF
As mentioned above, we do not organize the festival nor the accommodation for the festival goers. We deal with the bus ride and that’s it! Everything else is up to you. Here are some good tips for the trip:
Bus ride is quite long even in a good company. Prepare yourself for the trip
– Be there on time. We do collect the names and contact info of the people joining our bus trip and try not to leave anyone behind. However – be there on time!
– Dress up comfortably. Choose warm and cozy clothes for the ride. Maybe bring a sleep mask and earplugs too.
– Pillow and/or blanket
– Bring snacks and drinks
– Things to do on the bus: listen to music or audio books (with headphones), read a book, read about Tromso and the festival program, talk to other people if they seem open to that.
We don’t organize any group accommodation. Tromso is a big city and everyone has different preferences for their stay. We recommend to find a place from the center, close to the venues.
Here is a map from previous TIFF. The orange dots are venues, so you can see they are all quite close to each other and in the center.
Ticket cards (klippekort) are good for people who want to see more films. You can get 12x or 22x cards. The ticket card is not personal so you can also share one with a friend. With the ticket card you can then purchase tickets on tiff.no to the screenings you wish to go, if there is still availability.
Klippekort 12x 1560,00 NOK ≈ 150€
Klippekort 22x 2596,00 NOK ≈ 250€
See the full program here.
TIFF has so many movie screenings and we recommend to get to know the program beforehand. Many of the screenings will sold out, especially some of the special screenings. TIFF has had at least film concerts, short movies, art program and outdoor kino.
Want to go but don’t have company? Our festival bus is a good place to find people to hang out with in Tromso also. You have the opportunity to find out what people are going to see and if they wish to attend the same screenings as you. We will inform all the extra voluntary meet ups with cinema clubbers in Tromso when the full program is out.
Tromso – like Rovaniemi – is an arctic winter wonderland. Bring your warmest clothes and expect no more sun than we have here that time of the year.
Tromso is a vibrant student city and has lots of interesting stuff to see. You can plan other activities for your trip as well. Here are some links:
NerdNomadsTromsoGuide <- good tips for diy northern lights tours and how to get up the mountain with or without the cable car.
- PAY & BOOK THE BUS RIDE
- BOOK ACCOMMODATION
- BUY FESTIVAL TICKETS
- PACK YOUR BAGS & GET TO THE BUS EARLY
- GET TO KNOW TROMSO & FESTIVAL PROGRAM
- CLOTHES (WARM FOR COLD AND WET WEATHER)
- BUS GEAR (CLOTHES, PILLOW, SNACKS, SLEEPING MASK, EARPLUGS, WATER, ETC.)
- GOOD & WARM SHOES – TROMSO IS EASY CITY TO WALK AROUND AND IF YOU WISH YOU CAN ALSO CLIMB A MONTAIN
- PERSONAL HYGIENE STUFF & MEDS
- PHONE + CHARGER (KEEP YOUR PHONE CHARGED SO WE CAN REACH YOU IF NEEDED)
- OUR CONTACT INFO SAVED TO YOUR PHONE (WE SHARE THIS ON THE BUS)
- IF YOU WANT: FOOD, SNACKS, DRINKS FROM FINLAND SINCE EVERYTHING IS A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE IN NORWAY