WE ARE GOING TO TROMSO
Tromso International Film Festival takes place 16-22 January 2023. We are offering a very price conscious way to get to Tromso and back. Our festival bus leaves from Rovaniemi late thursday evening 19th of January and gets back here on sunday evening 22nd of January. So we will have a good full weekend in Tromso.
WE STILL HAVE SOME SPACE ON THE BUS SO BOOK YOUR SEAT NOW AND JOIN THE FILM FESTIVAL TRIP! Registration is confirmed with paying for the trip and it is binding. No refund (only in case if we have to cancel the whole trip due the pandemic etc).
85 € for a roundtrip (Rovaniemi-Tromso-Rovaniemi)
The regular bus transportation for that period would be 312€ so as you can see – this is a bargain!
IBAN: FI27 8000 1701 4570 05
message: TIFF 2023 + YOUR NAME
After this register your booking HERE with the receipt number of the payment. You get a confirmation email soon after this.
This payment includes only the bus trip from Rovaniemi to Tromso and back. This payment does not include the accommodation or the festival tickets. You also don’t have to attend to any of the film festival activities to get the access to our bus, though we do recommend to check the festival program! Read more from the TIFF tips.
Susan Seppälä 040 845 1786
Aleksi Takala 050 337 1104
Tips for TIFF
As mentioned above, we do not organize the festival nor the accommodation for the festival goers. We deal with the bus ride and that’s it! Everything else is up to you. Here are some good tips for the trip:
Bus ride is quite long even in a good company. Prepare yourself for the trip
– Be there on time. We do collect the names and contact info of the people joining our bus trip and try not to leave anyone behind. However – be there on time!
– Dress up comfortably. Choose warm and cozy clothes for the ride. Maybe bring a sleep mask and earplugs too.
– Pillow and/or blanket
– Bring snacks and drinks
– Things to do on the bus: listen to music or audio books (with headphones), read a book, read about Tromso and the festival program, talk to other people if they seem open to that.
We don’t organize any group accommodation. Tromso is a big city and everyone has different preferences for their stay. We recommend to find a place from the center, close to the venues.
Here is a map from previous TIFF. The orange dots are venues, so you can see they are all quite close to each other and in the center.
You can find accommodation from:
Or maybe ask a local friend or tinder match to host you. If you find some massive accommodation to share and would like us to help to find people to share it with, send us email.
The ticket sale for TIFF 2023 opened on Monday January 9th.
Ticket cards (klippekort) are good for people who want to see more films. You can get 12x or 22x cards. The ticket card is not personal so you can also share one with a friend. With the ticket card you can then purchase tickets on tiff.no to the screenings you wish to go, if there is still availability.
Klippekort 12x 1560,00 NOK ≈ 150€
Klippekort 22x 2596,00 NOK ≈ 250€
See the full program here.
TIFF has so many movie screenings and we recommend to get to know the program beforehand. Many of the screenings will sold out, especially some of the special screenings. TIFF has had at least film concerts, arctic pride screenings, short movies, art program and outdoor kino.
Want to go but don’t have company? Our festival bus is a good place to find people to hang out with in Tromso also. You have the opportunity to find out what people are going to see and if they wish to attend the same screenings as you. We will inform all the extra voluntary meet ups with cinema clubbers in Tromso when the full program is out.
Tromso – like Rovaniemi – is an arctic winter wonderland. Bring your warmest clothes and expect no more sun than we have here that time of the year.
Tromso is a vibrant student city and has lots of interesting stuff to see. You can plan other activities for your trip as well. Here are some links:
NerdNomadsTromsoGuide <- good tips for diy northern lights tours and how to get up the mountain with or without the cable car.
- PAY & BOOK THE BUS RIDE
- BOOK ACCOMMODATION
- BUY FESTIVAL TICKETS
- PACK YOUR BAGS & GET TO THE BUS EARLY
- GET TO KNOW TROMSO & FESTIVAL PROGRAM
- CLOTHES (WARM FOR COLD AND WET WEATHER)
- BUS GEAR (CLOTHES, PILLOW, SNACKS, SLEEPING MASK, EARPLUGS, WATER, ETC.)
- GOOD & WARM SHOES – TROMSO IS EASY CITY TO WALK AROUND AND IF YOU WISH YOU CAN ALSO CLIMB A MONTAIN
- PERSONAL HYGIENE STUFF & MEDS
- PHONE + CHARGER (KEEP YOUR PHONE CHARGED SO WE CAN REACH YOU IF NEEDED)
- OUR CONTACT INFO SAVED TO YOUR PHONE (WE SHARE THIS ON THE BUS)
- IF YOU WANT: FOOD, SNACKS, DRINKS FROM FINLAND SINCE EVERYTHING IS A BIT MORE EXPENSIVE IN NORWAY