MOVIES & FAQ
CAN I BUY TICKET FOR ONE SCREENING?
NO. We don’t sell tickets to the screenings. You can however get a seasonal pass and become a member of this beautiful cinema club. You can buy the season membership card at the door. The season card is valid for one season (fall/spring) and with this you can enter to all of our screenings.
CAN I RESERVE A SEAT TO THE SCREENING?
NO. We don’t sell tickets and we don’t reserve seats. Wiljami can hold up to 179 people and has never been FULL full so most probably you will fit in. We recommend to arrive early to get a good seat. The seats are filled with first come first served basis. If you come with a wheelchair please contact us before the screening. Wiljami’s wheelchair lift has been under maintenance for a while now so give us a call/email/dm and let’s figure out what we can do under the current circumstances. Wiljami has two wheelchair places.
CAN I BOOK A PRIVATE MOVIE SCREENING FROM YOU?
YES/NO. We might be able to help you organize a private screening. Send us an email explaining who are you (private person/company/organization), where and when would the screening take place, who and how many is attending to the screening, what would you like to screen, what is your budget for the movie screening lisence or other expences. So let’s say let’s see!
WHERE DO YOU SPEND THE MONEY?
We don’t get any external funding so most of our budget comes from the membership season card sales. Some tiny money we might get from extra screenings we organize for other organizations or companies and maybe something tiny tiny if we are able to organize the trip to Tromso. In other words we are not swimming in cash.
All of our active cinema clubbers, including the board, are 100% volunteers and not getting paid or other rewards (other than of course the joy of doing good deeds).
We are a non-profit organization so we are literally not making profit with our actions. Our budget is depended on our member card sales. The more memberships we sell the more money we have to organize the screenings. So remember to bring a friend to the screenings if you would like to see the cinema club thrive.
Most of the money goes to the screening lisences (each movie has different deals but basically each screening costs something). Smaller amount of money goes to the marketing – website, domain, accounting, banking expences, print stuff like posters, flyers. Once a year we have an annual official meeting and maybe someone will get a bag of sweets there if they remember.
If you would like to donate us like a big amount of money to help us updating our equipment or if you’re a grant application professional (or even willing to do them) please write us an email, we would love to have you!
CAN I BRING MOVIE SNACKS?
YES. We usually don’t sell any snacks or drinks at our screenings so feel free to bring your own snacks. Remember to recycle empty bottles, cans and trash after the movie.
WHO CAN COME TO THE MOVIES?
YOU. ALL. Cinema’s movie screenings are open to our members and anyone can become a member by purchasing a season ticket at the door (10€ – full season – cash only). Some of the screenings might be open for everybody – without membership – we will inform about them on our social medias.
WHY DO I NEED TO WRITE MY NAME TO A PIECE OF PAPER AT THE DOOR?
By purchasing the season membership card you become a member of Rovaniemen Cinema ry. We are a non-profit volunteer-based organization, you are most welcomed to join us. We need to collect some information from our members. Name and hometown are the essential infos, anything else is optional.
CAN I PROPOSE A MOVIE?
YES. We’re always happy to hear what our cinema goers would like to see. Send us movie suggestions however feels convenient for you – email, slide to our dm or send a postcard to our address. You can also send us your own short movies!
CAN I JUST COME TO THE SCREENING OR WHAT I SHOULD DO?
YES. You can just show up. Bring 10€ in cash to get the season card from the door.
Tips for new cinema clubbers:
1. Come early to get a good seat. Cinema clubbers love the front seats. We open the doors 18:30 and the movie starts at 19:00. The doors close at 19:00 since we don’t have cloakroom staff.
2. You can only attend to some of the screenings. The season card is valid the whole season (fall/spring). Of course we recommend to make this a weekly habit. Monday movie is the best way to start a new week. Some brave-minded cinema-goers don’t even check the movie program in advance so that they can come weekly to have a surprise movie curated for them.
3. Check the language info before the screening. Some of the movies don’t have finnish/english audio or subtitles.
4. Bring snacks to maximize the monday bliss
5. Bring a friend. Or tell a friend. Tell a neighbour. Tell your teacher, mom, dentist, random person on the street, tell everyone that we exist. We would love people to find our small movie club. Like, comment, share. You know.
6. Give us feedback. Let us know if you liked the movie, what we could do better or if we’ve done a good job. You can also write a review on google or facebook to give us more visibility. If you like what we do you can send a message to the city’s culture office. Maybe some year they’ll bless us with some operating funding.
7. Become THE cinema clubber. We would love to have you as our team member. There’s loads of big and small thing that needs to be done so we can keep the screenings running. If you’d be any interested in organizing stuff with us, come say hi at the screenings or send us an email.
8. Be cool. All of our events are free from racism, sexism and bad behaviour. Take care of each other and please let us know if you see, hear or experience any harm.
9. Come back next season <3
9/1/2023 QUEEN & SLIM (USA)
16/1/2023 AKIRA (1988, JAPAN)
23/1/2023 NOPE (2022, USA)
30/1/2023 MARONA’S FANTASTIC TALE (2019, FRANCE, BELGIUM)
6/2/2023 FUNERAL PARADE OF ROSES (1969, JAPAN)
13/2/2023 MINARI (2021)
20/2/2023 TWO UF US (2021, FRANCE)
27/2/2023 SKÁL (2021, FAROE ISLANDS)
6/3/2023 THE DREAMERS (2003, ITALY)
13/3/2023 I, DANIEL BLAKE (2016, UK)
20/3/2023 SYSTEM K + DELPHINE & CAROLE (2019, FRANCE)
3/4/2023 WILD AT HEART (1990, USA)
10/4/2023 CAPERNAUM – KAAOKSEN LAPSET (2018, LEBANON)
19/12/2022 RARE EXPORTS (2010, FINLAND)
12/12/2022 CHUNKING EXPRESS (1994, HONG KONG)
5/12/2022 BERLIN ALEXANDERPLATZ (2021)
28/11/2022 ISLE OF DOGS (USA)
27/11/2022 SOUND OF METAL (2021, USA, BELGIUM)
27/11/2022 ARKAJALAT (1985, USA)
27/11/2022 THE RED TURTLE (2016, FRANCE, JAPAN, BELGIUM)
26/11/2022 ROCK OF AGES (2012, USA)
26/11/2022 BELLE (2021, JAPAN)
25/11/2022 PARIISI 13. KAUPUNGINOSA (2022, RANSKA)
25/11/2022 SOKEA MIES, JOKA EI HALUNNUT NÄHDÄ TITANICIA (2021, FINLAND)
21/11/2022 DRUK – YHDET VIELÄ (2020, DENMARK)
14/11/2022 SUSPIRIA (2018, USA, ITALY)
7/11/2022 EVERYTHING EVERYWHERE ALL AT ONCE (2022, USA)
31/10/2022 ROCKY HORROR PICTURE SHOW (UK)
24/10/2022 DRIVE MY CAR (2022, JAPAN)
17/10/2022 IDA (POLAND)
3/10/2022 LAURI MÄNTYVAARAN TUUHEET RIPSET (FINLAND)
26/9/2022 THE FLORIDA PROJECT (USA)
19/9/2022 THE GREEN KNIGHT (USA)
11/9/2022 TUNTEMATON EMÄNTÄ (2011, FINLAND)
10/9/2022 ÄIDIN TOIVE (2015, FINLAND)
10/9/2022 AILO – PIENEN PORON SUURI SEIKKAILU ( 2018, FINLAND)
9/9/2022 KUUN METSÄN KAISA (2016, FINLAND, SAMI)
25/4/2022 PRIDE-SCREENING – SHORT MOVIES FROM DIFFERENT COUNTRIES
4/4/2022 TALKING ABOUT TREES (2019, SUDAN)
28/3/2022 RUN LOLA RUN (1998, GERMANY)
21/3/2022 KAIKU (2019,ICELAND)
14/3/2022 ENSIMMÄINEN MATKA (TOKYO STORY, JAPANI)
7/3/2022 ANOMALISA (2015, USA)
28/2/2022 AND THEN WE DANCED (2019, GEORGIA)
15/11/2021 KOOMIKON SYNTY (2019, SWEDEN)
8/11/2021 BABAI (2015, GERMANY)
1/11/2021 MAGNEETTIMIES (2009, FINLAND)
25/10/2021 BAIGAL (2018, RUSSIA)
18/10/2021 AMATÖÖRI (1979, POLAND)
11/10/2021 THAT MAN FROM RIO (1964, FRANCE)
4/10/2021 ALASKA HIGHWAY (2013, FINLAND)
27/9/2021 CINEMA PARADISO (1989, ITALY)